Re: [eclipse-clp-users] annotation "timeout" in minizinc model, Eclipse 6.185

From: Joachim Schimpf <jschimpf_at_...311...>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:30:09 +0200
On 23/08/2012 18:10, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:

> I have one more question: I'm trying the example of using a
> MiniZinc/FlatZinc model in Eclipse, found on the lib(flatzinc)
> reference page.  So far, I have the following code:
>
> my_fzn_run_file(ModelFile, Options) :-
>           % initialize the solver state
>           fzn_init(Options, State),
>           % load the model and set up the constraints
>           open(ModelFile, read, S), fzn_load_stream(S, FznState),
>           % Get the objective
>           fzn_obj_lookup(FznState, Obj),
>           % Now suppose the mzn model has variables X, a 1-d
> array, and Y, a 2d-array.
>           fzn_var_lookup(FznState, X, Xe),
> fzn_var_lookup(FznState, Y, Ye),

Here you have to single-quote 'X' and 'Y' (the FlatZinc variable names),
otherwise they will be taken as ECLiPSe variables.

You could also use mzn_load/5 for part of the code above.
http://www.eclipseclp.org/doc/bips/lib_public/minizinc/mzn_load-5.html

>           % How do I use Xe, Ye, and Obj in bb_min()?
>           % ????

The mapping of MiniZinc data structures to FlatZinc is explained in the
FlatZinc specification: basically, multi-dimensional arrays are flattened,
and the indices normalized to start at 1.
The mapping of FlatZinc data structures to ECLiPSe is described in the
table at http://www.eclipseclp.org/doc/bips/lib_public/minizinc/index.html
Together that means that MiniZinc arrays will all end up as one-dimensional
ECLiPSe arrays, i.e. structures with functor []/N.

A brute-force way of calling bb_min in this example would be

	term_variables([Xe,Ye], Vars),
	bb_min(labeling(Vars), Obj, bb_options{}),

>           % output solution, if found
>           fzn_output(State),
>           % increments solutions count, and succeeds if last
> one reached
>           fzn_last(State),
>           !.

-- Joachim