Re: [eclipse-clp-users] query

From: Marco Gavanelli <marco.gavanelli_at_...17...>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 10:33:34 +0100
On 04/11/12 11:17, Anshu Shankar Prasad wrote:
> I am planning to use CP (with ECLIPSE) for solving multi-objective
> optimization problems to obtain the complete paret front for FD
> problems. The strategy that I plan to employ is determine one single
> feasible solution and add a constraint which would ensure that any other
> feasible solution will be better than the current feasible solution in
> at least one of the objective functions. This process will be repeated
> till all the pareto points are obtained from the finite domain. Doing
> this manually will require re-initializing the problem every time and
> would lead to wastage of time and effort. I would prefer to add such
> cuts automatically.
>
> Are there any examples which show the dynamic addition of such
> constraints after the determination of every feasible solution ? I would
> appreciate if someone from this community points me to such examples.

Dear Anshu Shankar Prasad,

I have done some work some time ago about a predicate for
multi-objective optimization in ECLiPSe; the algorithm was very close to
what you propose.
Here you can find the paper:

	Marco Gavanelli: An Algorithm for Multi-Criteria Optimization
	in CSPs. In F. van Harmelen (ed.): ECAI2002, Proceedings of the
	15th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IOS Press,
	Amsterdam, 2002, pp.136-140.

http://www.frontiersinai.com/ecai/ecai2002/p0136.html

Best,
Marco
--
Marco Gavanelli, Ph.D. in Computer Science
Dept of Engineering