[eclipse-clp-users] embedded ECLiPSe in C++, problems with post event

From: Gesche Gierse <gierse_at_...358...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:47:10 +0100
Hello,

I'm currently using ECLiPSe embedded in a C++ project and I'm facing
some problem with sending events from C++ to ECLiPSe.

The C++ project has various threads, some running continuous, others
only for some time. The ECLiPSe context is initialized within one of the
continuous threads.
However the ECLiPSe program I want to run needs to call an predicate
whenever the control-thread is running (this is one of the
none-continuous threads). So I post an event to the ECLiPSe context
every time the control-thread is running.

Everything compiles just fine, and for like a minute it will run the way
it should, but at some time I always get a "Bogus event queue
notification in next_posted_event()"-error.

So my question is, is this a threading problem? Does posting events not
work well, when used in a thread that is non-continuous?

Thanks for your help!
Gesche