Re: [eclipse-clp-users] REPL

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 18:34:02 +0100
Hi Volkan,

Saros is an IDE for ECLiPSe, which is a plugin for the Eclipse open
development platform (eclipse.org). You can download this from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-clp/files/Saros/

We are looking for some one to develop this (from
http://eclipseclp.org/reports/help.html):

Calling all Java and GUI wizards - we have an ECLiPSe/eclipse plugin
called Saros which brings the tkeclipse functionality into the eclipse
IDE framework. It is in need of a maintainer and developer, who can
bring it into a state where it can replace the tkeclipse GUI.

===

As mentioned by Paulo (and above), we also provide a GUI -- tkeclipse --
as part of the distribution. This is not an IDE as it does not include
an editor for the code, but it does have many useful tools to aid
program development. The query entry window also has a history
mechanism, which I gather is what you want, but tkeclise provide much
more than that, and I strongly recommend that people use tkeclipse.

I use tkeclipse and emacs as my editor. I use emacs with Thorsten's
eclipse mode (available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-clp/files/Editors%20ECLiPSe%20support/)
which gives syntax highlighting and much more. Personally this seems as
good a combination as a dedicated IDE would be.