Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Trying to code 0-1 Multiple Knapsack Problem.

From: Paul Cannongeyser <paul_dice_2_at_...75...>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:11:58 -0700 (PDT)
Re: the missing constraints: I missed that.  (I should have known that the author of an academic paper or book would include all necessary constraints in his version of the problem formulation.)

Re: arrays verses individual variables: I initially thought that I would use http://eclipseclp.org/wiki/uploads/Examples/knapsack_eplex.ecl as a basis and make modifications to it to create a version that would handle the 0-1 Multiple knapsack problem, but this program (knapsack_eplex.ecl, which uses lists, not arrays) was not helping my understanding of how to use ECLiPSe to solve knapsack problems, so I was trying to do some small knapsack problems using individual variables.  That will be Phase 2 of my education: use arrays to solve the 0-1 Multiple knapsack problem.

Thank you, Joachim.