Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Create custom constraint in Eclipse

From: Joachim Schimpf <jschimpf_at_...311...>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 15:26:39 +0000
On 03/03/15 01:56, Edgaonkar, Shrirang wrote:

>     I wish to create a custom constraint in eclipse. I found a file called
> bip_kinds.pl which contains all the constraints. But it is an auto generated
> file as per the documentation, I should not edit it. Also, "eval/2" which is not
> a constraint is missing from the file so I am in the right direction. Kindly
> guide to create one.

When we talk of a _constraint_, we mean a predicate that has a particular
computational _behaviour_ (it must behave logically, and it must not generate
multiple solutions).  Creating a new constraint is therefore not a matter of
declaration, but of implementation.

You can find some background in the documentation and via the "Literature" link
on the website.  For example

Tutorial chapter 14 "Implementing Constraints"
http://eclipseclp.org/doc/tutorial/tutorial098.html

"High-Level Implementation of Consistency Techniques"
http://eclipseclp.org/reports/ConsistencyASOR07.pdf

-- Joachim