[eclipse-clp-users] Possibility of moving ECLiPSe from SourceForge to Github

From: Sergii Dymchenko <kit1980_at_...6...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 10:15:04 -0700
Hi,

You probably have heard about recent GIMP - SourceForge scandal, that
revealed SourceForge's practice of modifying projects' binaries to include
AdWare.

That event triggered mass exodus from already not very popular SourceForge.

I wonder if ECLiPSe developers have thought about moving to Github?

I believe many people think about projects on SourceForge as old and
unmaintained.
Migrating to Github can greatly increase visibility of the project and the
number of possible contributors.

Of course, the migration is not a trivial task, but there are a lot of
success stories and even scripts to automate the task like
https://github.com/ttencate/sf2github

-Sergii.