Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Delayed goals vs System delayed goals

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 00:05:00 +0100
Hi Shrirang,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but are you trying to write
an attributed variable handler for delayed_goals? This handler
is obsolete, as described in the section on Attributed Variable Handler
in the User Manual:

http://eclipseclp.org/doc/userman/umsroot100.html#hevea_default1039

You should be using the suspensions handler instead.

 >where I get the list of goals delayed and write handlers for each one
 >of them.

The handler should not be working on all suspensions (delayed goals).
Rather, it should be working on suspensions that are associated with
the variable which has the attribute you are handling.

It is not clear to me if you should be writing handlers for
suspensions/delayed goals. You will normally only do this if you are
writing a new constraint solver:

 From your previous posts, it seems more likely that you want to write
constraints for existing solvers; in which case you should be writing
the constraints using facilities provided by the solver library.