Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Implying Initial Domains for Certain Arguments of Predicates

From: Gökhan Solak <gknsolak_at_...6...>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 15:33:42 +0300
Thank you for your answer.

Moving from your suggestion, I came up with a solution.

What I wanted to do was to give an initial domain to the variables,
according to their role as an argument in some predicates.

To do this task I created a new predicate *init_domain/1*. And defined the
init_domain with predicate-domain pairs as such:

init_domain(X) :- age(_A, X), human(_A), X :: 1..130.
init_domain(X) :- age(_, X), integers(X).
init_domain(X) :- height(_A, X), human(_A), X :: 30..230.

For every such predicate-domain pair, definition of init_domain should be
extended. This way, When init_domain is called for every variable in the
system, they will automatically be constrained with appropriate initial
domains.

Note: In first post I was using integer/1 built-in predicate but in the
final solution I used integers/1 from ic library.

Regards,
Gökhan Solak