RE: Problem with repeatedly compiling files with partly the same content and EmbeddedEclipse

From: josh singer <josh.singer_at_parc-technologies.com>
Date: Thu 30 Jan 2003 11:50:24 AM GMT
Hi Cornelius,

Due to some inherent limitations of ECLiPSe there can only be one
EmbeddedEclipse during the lifetime of a JVM. However, most individual
aspects of state in ECLiPSe can be reversed, for example using erase_module
as Warwick mentioned. There is also the possibility of using
OutOfProcessEclipse -- the pros and cons are discussed in the Java interface
documentation. This allows you to start a completely new ECLiPSe from Java,
whether or not one has been started already by the JVM.

cheers,

josh

Developer, Parc Technologies Limited
josh.singer@parc-technologies.com
http://www.parc-technologies.com <http://www.parc-technologies.com/>

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
-its contents are the property of Parc Technologies Limited (or its
licensors) and are confidential. Please do not copy, review, use
(except for the intended purposes), disclose or distribute the e-mail
or its contents (or allow anyone else to do so) without our prior
permission. Parc Technologies Limited does not guarantee that this
e-mail has not been intercepted and amended nor that it is
virus-free. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening
any attachment.  Any opinions expressed in this e-mail message are
those of the author and not necessarily Parc Technologies Limited.