[eclipse-users] tkeclipse doesn't run

From: Lutz, Charles D <charles.d.lutz_at_...53...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:37:16 -0400
Hi folks,

FWIW, I have the same problems. I get the same responses if I try
the command-line commands below.

This may be an unrelated second problem, but I've noted that .tcl
scripts are not "tied" to the Tcl interpreter (i.e. in the Start
menu, under Programs->Tcl, there is e.g. "Widget Tour". The icon
is the Notepad text file icon. Indeed, if I click it, I get the
.tcl file open in Notepad vs. running via Wish. I have to start
Wish as noted previously in this thread and "source" the file
tkeclipse.tcl.

Now, when I do that, I do get a small window with the ECLiPSe icon
in it, with four menus (File, Query, Tools, and Help). In the
original Tk Console window, I get:

% Problem loading the ECLiPSe shared libraries: couldn't load
library ".\tkeclipse.dll": this library or a dependent library
could not be found in library path

%

I also tried the uninstall/reinstall, but unfortunately I am
not enough of a Tcl expert to diagnose the problem. I hope to
use the command line version for now, to get started.

The README:
http://eclipse.crosscoreop.com/Distribution/5.10_64/i386_nt/Readme.txt

seems to imply that Tcl/Tk 8.3 is required, therefore I have
not bothered to try with e.g. ActiveTcl.

Thanks,
Chuck Lutz

> Kish Shen ha scritto:
> > If you run this, you should get two windows -- the Tk window, and a
wish shell.
> It runs, i also tried to manually load the libraries as suggested by
> Joachim, here are the results:
>
> % cd "e:/programmi/eclipse 5.10/lib/i386_nt"
> % load gmp33.dll
> couldn't find procedure Gmp_Init
> % load eclipse.dll
> couldn't find procedure Eclipse_Init
> % load tkeclipse.dll
> couldn't load library "tkeclipse.dll": this library or a dependent
> library could not be found in library path
> %
>
> % cd "e:/programmi/eclipse 5.10/lib/i386_nt"
> % load tkexdr.dll
> %
>
> > Also, you could check that the Tcl/Tk dlls are in the right place
(they should be anyway if you are
> > able to run wish) -- they are normally installed in C:\Program
Files\Tcl\bin
> There are 4 dlls in E:\Programmi\Tcl\bin, anyway, as said, wish runs
> correctly.
>
> > I also assume that you have enough disk space to install everything?
> More than 9 Gbs available.
>
> (Now that i think about it: could it be that there is something
> tkeclipse.tcl doesn't like about the fact i have installed the os and
> both eclipse and tcl/tk in e:\ instead that in c:\?)

Chuck Lutz

Lockheed Martin

Systems of Systems Engineering

BMC4I Modeling and Simulation

Moorestown, NJ

(856)638-7234 (office)

charles.d.lutz_at_...53...

"A graphic is never an end in itself; it is a moment

in the process of decision making."
     - Jacques Bertin