Re: [eclipse-users] tkeclipse doesn't run

From: Kish Shen <kish.shen_at_...2...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:48:53 +0100
Hi,

Which version of Windows are you using? Is it also Windows 2000?

Are you saying you can also load the various libraries individually, etc.?

On Thursday 26 April 2007 17:37, Lutz, Charles D wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> FWIW, I have the same problems. I get the same responses if I try
> the command-line commands below.
>
> This may be an unrelated second problem, but I've noted that .tcl
> scripts are not "tied" to the Tcl interpreter (i.e. in the Start
> menu, under Programs->Tcl, there is e.g. "Widget Tour". The icon
> is the Notepad text file icon. Indeed, if I click it, I get the
> .tcl file open in Notepad vs. running via Wish. I have to start
> Wish as noted previously in this thread and "source" the file
> tkeclipse.tcl.
>
> Now, when I do that, I do get a small window with the ECLiPSe icon
> in it, with four menus (File, Query, Tools, and Help). In the
> original Tk Console window, I get:
>
> % Problem loading the ECLiPSe shared libraries: couldn't load
> library ".\tkeclipse.dll": this library or a dependent library
> could not be found in library path
>
> %
>
> I also tried the uninstall/reinstall, but unfortunately I am
> not enough of a Tcl expert to diagnose the problem. I hope to
> use the command line version for now, to get started.
>
> The README:
> http://eclipse.crosscoreop.com/Distribution/5.10_64/i386_nt/Readme.txt
>
> seems to imply that Tcl/Tk 8.3 is required, therefore I have
> not bothered to try with e.g. ActiveTcl.

No, you can use Tcl/Tk 8.4. The reason 8.3 is used is because at the time we made
the package, there was no free/open-source binary distribution of Tcl/Tk 8.4 available
for us to include in the ECLiPSe distribution.