Re: [eclipse-users] debugging

From: Joachim Schimpf (Independent Contractor) <"Joachim>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:21:02 +0100
Malcolm Ryan wrote:
> My code is throwing an 'out of range' error due to an array access
> somewhere. Is there way to find out where, other than by creeping
> through the code in the debugger?

Yes: jump to the LEAVE-port and look at the ancestors.

In tkeclipse tracer: select 'leave' from the dropdown menu and
then click 'To Port'.  Once the tracer has stopped at the
LEAVE port, right-click on that line and select 'refresh goal stack'.

In command line eclipse tracer:  type zleave to junp to the
LEAVE port, once there, type g repeatedly to see the ancestors.

-- Joachim