Re: [eclipse-users] profiling constraint code

From: Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr_at_...25...>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:36:26 +1000
On 22/08/2007, at 8:13 PM, Joachim Schimpf (Independent Contractor)
wrote:

> Malcolm Ryan wrote:
>> I'm building a planner in eclipse using the constraint libraries.
>> It's running rather slow, so I profiled it and got:

>> What does that ? ? line mean?
>
> This used to indicate local predicates inside locked modules.
> I removed this restriction in patch 5.10#63, so I suppose you
> are running an version older than that?

I'm using #40, the Intel Mac version. I'm just in the process of
downloading the new binaries.

>> What does 'dummy_prop_ic_con' do?
>
> Despite the name, it's the core propagator for all linear
> IC-constraints.

Is there any way to get more useful profiling information about the
constraint system? I don't mean to be rude, but being told that 50%
of my time is being used in the core propagator is like telling me
that 50% of the time in a C program is spent executing statements.
Which ones?

Malcolm

--
      "The act of defending any of the cardinal virtues has today all
       the exhilaration of a vice."