Re: [eclipse-users] Count number of non-ground variables in a list

From: Stephen Flinter <stephen_at_...93...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:15:51 +0000
Kish,

thanks for the feedback.

I'm using the IC solver.  I should, of course, have written C #=
count_nongound(Xs).  Apologies for the error on my part.

The problem I'm considering has different numbers of constraints associated
with the different variables.  Hence, I'm interested in assigning values to
the maximum number of variables (all of whose assignments are valid), rather
than minimising the number of violated constraints.  Of course, these two
strategies may end up producing the same solution.

As an aside, are you aware of any max-csp implementations in eclipse?

Thanks,

Steve