Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Scheduling using the C++ interface to ECLiPSe

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 20:20:03 +0100
Soheil Samii wrote:
> I have set up the environment and I'm currently trying to
> understand the C++ interface. There are some small examples in the ECLiPSe
> installation, but many of them don't work.

I have looked at the examples in doc/examples, and it appears that some
of these programs are quite badly
out of date -- for example, the C++ example uses the out-of-date cout
rather than std::cout. I will update these files -- thanks for bringing
this to our notice.

These programs are designed to be tried in conjunction with the
Embedding manual, and most of the compiler errors should be relatively
easy to spot and fix. What specific problems did you have?

Make sure you follow the instructions in the Embedding manual on
compiling, linking and running your program. For example, if you do not
set the ECLIPSEDIR environment variable in :Linux/Unix, your compiled
code will exit silently exit from ECLiPSe. [we will add a more
user-friendly error message to the new version of ECLiPSe in this
situation].