[eclipse-clp-users] runtime error for a real-valued scheduling problem

From: Soheil Samii <sohsa_at_...107...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:47:16 +0200
Hi!

I would like to check whether there is someone who has experienced a similar
problem that I now describe:

I have formulated a scheduling problem, which is a set of resource constraints
(using the built-in ic_cumulative) and some iequalities (using $=<). The
variables are supposed to be real values that satisfy all constraints. I have
not yet implemented an objective function, so for the moment it is a CSP.

The CLP code (in the file scheduling.ecl) is attached at the end of this
email. When I run it, I get the following output from ECLiPSe:

[eclipse 1]: [scheduling].
ic_kernel.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
linearize.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
ordset.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
ic_constraints.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.02 seconds
ic.eco     loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
ic_generic_interface.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.00 seconds
ic_search.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
ic.eco     loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.04 seconds
ic_cumulative.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
scheduling.ecl compiled traceable 9672 bytes in 0.05 seconds

Yes (0.05s cpu)
[eclipse 2]: schedule(T).
lists.eco  loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.00 seconds
type error in get_integer_bounds(0.5, _7777, _7778)
Abort
[eclipse 3]:

Has someone experienced a similar problem when working with real-valued CSPs?
The problem seems to be that ECLiPSe thinks that the variables are integers,
but they should be real. Maybe I have not payed attention when I declared
them.

I have attached the code in this email (scheduling.ecl). The code is actually
generated from a C program, because I intend to call CLP in the iterations
for an outside optimization loop.

Thanks,
/Soheil