Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Compiling files from jars

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:10:01 +0100
Hi Andrew,

You should be able to compile an ECLiPSe source file with an rpc
(EclipseConnection.rpc), which allows you to execute goals/queries,
including ECLiPSe's compile/1, which does not require you to give the
file name as a java.io.File.

Farrell, Andrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able EclipseConnection.compile a file, but instead of providing a java.io.File, I want to supply a file resource loaded from a jar. As I want to do this in a sandbox I can not interact with the underlying file system, which the former would require.
>
> Is there any chance of:
> (1) Augmenting the Java interface to allow this
> (2) Supplying the source code for the java interface so I can extend it

ECLiPSe is open-sourced, so the source is available. You can either
download the eclipse_src_<version>.tgz package, or you can even access
the source via CVS from ECLiPSe's SourceForge site:

http://eclipse-clp.cvs.sourceforge.net/eclipse-clp/

The Java interface sources are under the JavaInterface directory in the
source (JavaInterface/src/com/parctechnologies/eclipse for the Java
source of the Java interface).