[eclipse-clp-users] Slow OutOfProcessEclipse under Unix/Linux

From: Martin Wegner <martinator.de_at_...114...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:54:12 +0200
Hello,

I'm a student and work on a project that uses eclipse prolog with
OutOfProcessEclipse and Java.

Now I observe that OutOfProcessEclipse is very very slow under Unix/Linux :(

I wrote a little benchmark-programm and with Windows XP 32 bit I can
play 14000 games in 60 seconds.

On the same computer (only 1,86 GHz) with Linux 32 bit I can only play
5000-6000 games in 60 seconds.

With EmbeddedEclipse Linux is fast as Windows.

And on a server with Unix 64 bit (3,4 GHz) I can only play 7000 games in
60 seconds.

Can you fix this bug?

Thank you!

Greetings, Martin