[eclipse-clp-users] Eplex message "Cbc3007W No integer variables - nothing to do": How to get rid of?

From: Ulrich Scholz <Ulrich.Scholz_at_...10...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:21:22 +0200
Dear all,

I use the eplex_osi_clpcbc library to build Integer optimization problems
with decision variables dynamically.  It works well (and fast) but for the
smaller problems I get the warning messages

 Cbc3007W No integer variables - nothing to do
 Cbc3007W No integer variables - nothing to do

These are always two lines.  What is causing them?  How to get rid of them?

My guess is that the small problems are "too simple" and there is no search.
The larger ones don't show the messages.

Thanks, Ulrich

PS. Two small comments: The explanation of "++X" in the Terminology section
of the User Manual has a bug.  And I consider the explanation of the
creation of dynamic solver instances confusing: Maybe you should mention
that to reuse the atom (e.g., the one unified with Pool in the second
example of 9.3.2) you need to use eplex_cleanup/0.
--
Ulrich Scholz

Phone: +49-6221-533244
Email: ulrich.scholz_at_...10...

--

European Media Laboratory GmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33

Amtsgericht Mannheim / HRB 335719
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira, Scientific and Managing
Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter

www.eml-d.villa-bosch.de