Re: [eclipse-clp-users] A request on clpqr

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:30:03 +0100
Hi,

Alexandre Saidi wrote:
> Does anybody know how to obtain source code of clp(qr) ?
> I've been using it around 1995.
> Of course, Eclipse is here running ".pl" of clp(qr) but running clp(q)
> or clp(r) alone on a Mac is what I want to catch !
> Gprolog also runs clp(r) partially.
> Bprolog calls LP for real handling.

I am not sure I understand you completely, but the clp(qr) that
Christian Holzbaud wrote is written in Prolog, and is distributed in
source form for several Prolog systems, and you seem to have this.

If you are asking for a low-level (C/C++) implementation of a constraint
solver over the real and/or rational domain, then the only one I know
about is CLP(R), a system developed at IBM Research back in the 1990s,
and as far as I know, this system is no longer supported. One person
that was involved in its development is Roland Yap, and he will almost
certainly know more about the current status of constraint solvers over
the real domain than I do -- he is apparently the maintainer for the
CLP(R) mailing list, and you can try to subscribe to that at
clpr-users-request_at_...189...

The eplex library of ECLiPSe provides an interface to Mathematical
Programming solvers which is quite flexible, and have been used for many
years now by various people. BProlog added a simple interface to the
GLPK solver relatively recently, which seems to provide some of the
functionality of eplex -- I assume this is what you mean by `call LP for
real handling'? eplex can interface to several different solver, and you
can compile it to work with GLPK via the COIN-OR OSI interface, but we
don't distribute such a version because GLPK has an incompatible license
with ECLiPSe, and also because alternative open source solvers such as
COIN-OR's CLP (linear) and CBC (MIP), seem to be more efficient.

> In case that anybody has an up to date mail (of Ch. Holzbaur ?) or
> source code (C, C++) ?
>
> Regards
>
> Alex
>
> Le 24 sept. 2009 à 06:29, Joachim Schimpf a écrit :
>
>> Zhang, Y wrote:
>>> 1) Anyone here can advise on how to download, install and use the
>>> third party library clpqr? (I couldn't get into the original website
>>> of the software.) 2) Does clpqr have thhe capacity to simplify the
>>> constraints?
>>> 3) If clpqr is not avail now, which library is the closest to CLP