Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Program Does not Load

From: Amine Marref <cyborgamine_at_...32...>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:28:00 +0000
Dear Marco,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I noticed some issues using "Version 6.0 #115 (i386_linux)" of Eclipse on my Ubuntu.

1) I tried to reproduce the error. a) I used the GUI-mode to load my program (without your option) and it failed to load *silently*. b) I used the command-prompt mode and run "eclipse file.ecl "goal"" and it failed to load silently. c) I used the top-level-loop mode and I got a similar error [1] to yours. I wonder why it is explicit about the failure of loading in the loop mode and not as explicit in other modes?

2) I used the command-prompt mode i.e. "eclipse -g 1000000 file.ecl "goal"" and it failed to load silently again. Can you please confirm we are using the same version of Eclipse?

I noticed that I cannot grow the stack to 3Meg, do you know why my program is not loading? Is it the number of variables which is big? or constraints? or both?

Finally, how do you use the option -g in loop/GUI mode?

Regards,

Amine.

[1]
*** Overflow of the global/trail stack in spite of garbage collection!
You can use the "-g kBytes" (GLOBALSIZE) option to have a larger stack.
Peak sizes were: global stack 130984 kbytes, trail stack 4184 kbytes
Abort