Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Two problems with the ic-Solver

From: Joachim Schimpf <joachim.schimpf_at_...44...>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:36:14 +1100
Andreas Berger wrote:
> Thank you! The constraint prototype for integer is exactly what I was
> looking for.

I was afraid you would say that.  The reason I offered this as the
last of 3 alternatives is that this is not a constraint that is
very suited to the way the ic solver represents integer variables.

If you have just a few of these constraints, and the majority of
constraints are the usual arithmetic or global constraints over
integer variables, this is probably ok.

But if your problem consists mostly of this kind of constraint,
you should seriously consider the other possibilities.

-- Joachim