Re: [eclipse-clp-users] size of data sent to eclipse

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 20:11:23 +0100
Hi,

I assume you are referring to the same "error" you talked about in your
caused by an error (i.e. abort) while executing the RPC you sent. This
means that the goal was successfully transferred to ECLiPSe, but an
ECLiPSe error was raised while trying to execute the goal.

The cause for this is *very* unlikely to be because your goal is too
large. You should be able to transfer very large terms using EXDR
(assuming you are using that). The most likely explanation for your
problem is that there is something wrong with the data that you obtained
from your GUI -- it is likely that the larger the data, the more likely
there is something wrong with it.

It is not clear to me how you translate what you obtain from your GUI
into what you need for your RPC. What input do you take from your GUI,
and how is this mapped to the RPC?

carole dawood wrote:
> Hello,
> i had a problem with java- eclipse interface, as my data are being entered
> from the GUI, whenever these entries being sent to eclipse gets larger, i
> get an error indicating the rpc call line in java, so how can i handle
> sending large data sets to eclipse without getting this error???
> N.B: The application is working with smaller data sets, the problem is when
> data sent to Eclipse gets larger.
>
> Thank you a lot,
> Carole Dawood
> Computer Science and Engineering