Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Computational complexity

From: Alexandre Saidi <Alexandre.Saidi_at_...37...>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 10:10:14 +0200
Hi all,
Marco is right.

Furthermore, beside big-O which is the worst case,we're  founded  to ask rather : what is the big-Omega (lower bound) or Theta (almost equality).
I put aside the "average case" which is often harder to compute than the problem itself
Think of Quick-sort which is O(N^2) in the worst case but much less in his average case. Writing Q-sort in CLP/CSP stays O(N^2). The worst case is when the data is already sorted, no matter how you choose the "pivot".

Regards
Alex