Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Getting MySQL access setup

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 04:38:03 +0100
Hi Travis,

On 22/06/2013 22:08, Travis Johnson wrote:
> In following along with the embedding tutorial for getting using MySQL with ECLiPSe...
> http://eclipseclp.org/doc/embedding/embroot061.html
>
> I execute the following statement to test the libraries...
> lib(dbi).
>
> The result of which is...
> system interface error: The specified module could not be found.
> in load("i386_nt/dbi_mysql.dll")
>
> *** compilation aborted in the file //C/Program Files (x86)/ECLiPSe 6.1/lib/dbi.eco
>
> lists.eco  loaded in 0.00 seconds
>
> I verified that the dbi_mysql.dll is in fact in the lib/i386_nt folder.  I also placed the libmysql.dll file from my MySQL installation in the same folder (as indicated in the documents, "a place where it can be accessed, such as lib/<arch>".

The problem is that Windows was unable to find libmysql.dll, which is
needed by dbi_mysql.dll. Unfortunately, for Windows, placing
libmysql.dll in lib/i386_nt (where dbi_mysql.dll should be) did not
work, because Windows dll files do not look for dependent dll files in
the same directory. Instead you should put it in lib.

I actually noticed this problem a few days ago when I added lib(dbi)
support for 64 bit Windows and ran into the same problem as you. From
6.1#161, lib(dbi) for 32 and 64 bit Windows will work with libmysql.dll
in lib/<ARCH>.

[From your path, you seem to be running the 32 bit Windows version of
ECLiPSe on a 64 bit Window system. Is this because you wanted to run
lib(dbi)? This is now supported on the 64 bit Windows version of ECLiPSe]