Re: [eclipse-clp-users] PyCLP inconsistency in treating 0 (zero)

From: nospam <nospam_at_...340...>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 23:22:08 +0100
Hi  Thorsten and Federico,
thanks for reporting this bug.
I will fix bug related to missing handling of 0 and boolean type as soon
as possible.

Regarding boolean type I have different solution from the one you proposed:
a python boolean value will be converted to integer.
A query to eclipse will never return a boolean.

The reasons of this solution are:
1) true and false in Eclipse are atoms not values
2) There is no boolean type in Eclipse
3) Python True and False are treated as integer value with range [0,1].
      In fact it is possible to perform arithmetic operations mixing
booleans and integer.
4) Also the Java interface doesn't transform boolean value to true/false
atoms.

Please let me know what you think about my proposal maybe I miss something.

Regards
Oreste Bernardi

PS.
Maybe we can continue this discussion in private or on pyclp.berlios.de
bug tracking  tool to avoid to pollute the forum with topic not directly
related to eclipseclp.