Re: [eclipse-clp-users] 'Problem is infeasible!' in eplex goes to stdout

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:55:20 +0100
On 11/09/2014 06:07, Sergii Dymchenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have any estimate when you will be able to update the
> Cbc we use by compiling it with the macro to suppress the printing of
> these messages?
>
> I'd want to publish an article that have some examples using eplex, and I'd
> like the examples to work with the latest stable ECLiPSe version if someone
> wants to test.
>
> Sergii.

Hi Sergii,

Unfortunately we had a sudden and unexpected change to the machines we
build ECLiPSe on, and we are in the process of migrating to new
machines, but there are some difficulties, and it is unlikely we will be
able to produce new distributions in the next few days.

John Forrest (the main implementer of the CBC and CLP solvers) have
kindly updated CBC with the changes so that those messages are no longer
sent directly to stdout. I had wanted to update the CBC in our binary
ECLiPSe distributions, but this will need to wait till we restart our
daily builds.

The CBC/CLP solvers are third-party solvers and not part of ECLiPSe;
these solvers are distributed with our binary distributions for
convenience and because their license allow us to do so. Eplex can also
interface to other MP solvers, and your examples should run regardless
of the actual MP solver used.