Re: [eclipse-users] tkeclipse doesn't run

From: Lutz, Charles D <charles.d.lutz_at_...53...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:29:38 -0400
Hi there Kish,

> Which version of Windows are you using? Is it also Windows 2000?

> Are you saying you can also load the various libraries individually,
etc.?

Yes - sorry about that - It is Win2K, SP4.

What I meant was that I got the same results as was shown in the
command prompt examples.

E.g. if I type "load gmp33.dll" at the % prompt, I get "couldn't
find procedure Gmp_Init". Whether this means I was able or was not
able to load the library, I don't know (I don't know Tcl, so I'm
afraid I am just a "parrot" in this case.)

> No, you can use Tcl/Tk 8.4. The reason 8.3 is used is because at
> the time we made the package, there was no free/open-source binary
> distribution of Tcl/Tk 8.4 available for us to include in the ECLiPSe
> distribution.

Thinking that perhaps my problem with .tcl files not being "linked"
to the Tcl system might have nothing to do with ECLiPSe, I will try
out the ActiveState Tcl distribution and see what happens.

Thanks,
Chuck