Re: [eclipse-users] visualisation code

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:19:05 +0100
Malcolm Ryan wrote:
> Is there any source documentation for the java visualisation code and
> the protocol used for communicating with it? I want to write my own
> special-purpose visualisation code, but the existing code is so
> massive, I don't know where to begin.
>
> Malcolm
> --
> "If there is one thing worse than the modern weakening of major morals
>     it is the modern strengthening of minor morals.
> Thus it is considered more withering to accuse a man
>     of bad taste than of bad ethics."    -- G.K.Chesterton, On Lying
> in Bed

> ECLiPSe-Users_at_...2...
> http://www.crosscoreop.com/mailman/options/eclipse-users

Hi Malcolm,

First, we would really welcome any contributions of new visualisation
clients etc. to ECLiPSe! Unfortunately, I don't think it is very well
documented how you do this...

lib(vc_support) is the ECLiPSe side support for implementing
visualisation clients. I think the only documentation for this library
is in the bips/reference manual (i.e. the stuff you can access via help/1).

I think there are some java doc style documentation for the Java code,
for example, in Viewer.java. I don't really know how detailed it is, but
if that is insufficient, I can only suggest looking at some of the
viewer code, such as TableViewer.java.

The Java code uses the ECLiPSe Java interface, which is documented in
the Embedding and Interfacing manual.

Hope this helps,

Kish