Re: [eclipse-clp-users] multi-platform deployment of embedded ECLiPSe

From: Ulrich Scholz <Ulrich.Scholz_at_...10...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:27:32 +0200
Dear Kish

I've already successfully used an EclipseEngineOptions object.  The problem
with the automatic deployment is that the EclipseEngineOptions object needs
the absolute path to the ECLiPSe installation but the deployed bundle does
not have one.  In other words, the environment does not provide an absolute
path the the Java code.

For this reason, we had the idea to move the ECLiPSe system to a known
directory, e.g., a subdirectory of /tmp.  Then, the EclipseEngineOptions
object could be supplied with a valid path.

Thanks,

Ulrich

Reply of Kish in an other mail:

The ECLiPSe directory for an embedded ECLiPSe can be specified as an option
when you start embedded ECLiPSe, and the way to do this from Java is
described in the embedding and interfacing manual's `Configuring an
EclipseEngineOptions onject' section:

http://www.eclipse-clp.org/doc/embedding/embroot048.html#toc55

You probably also want to use the eclipse_rt package rather than the
eclipse_basic package with your distribution -- assuming you don't
want/need a runtime environment where ECLiPSe is deployed. I assume this
should also address the issue in your previous post as well: you can
include ECLiPSe in a subdirectory of your Java application (I assume Java
allows this in the Java bundle you mentioned?), and you can set the
ECLiPSe directory option when you start the embedded ECLiPSe from within
your application. This should be independent of the OS you are using.

--
Wir sind dabei:
CCN Congress Center NÜrnberg Ost, Stand 210

Ulrich Scholz

Phone: +49-6221-533244
Email: ulrich.scholz_at_...10...

European Media Laboratory GmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Germany

Amtsgericht Mannheim / HRB 335719
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira, Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
www.eml-d.villa-bosch.de <http://www.eml-d.villa-bosch.de>