Re: [eclipse-clp-users] multi-platform deployment of embedded ECLiPSe

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:13:18 +0100
Ulrich Scholz wrote:
> Dear Kish
>
> I've already successfully used an EclipseEngineOptions object.  The problem
> with the automatic deployment is that the EclipseEngineOptions object needs
> the absolute path to the ECLiPSe installation but the deployed bundle does
> not have one.  In other words, the environment does not provide an absolute
> path the the Java code.
>
> For this reason, we had the idea to move the ECLiPSe system to a known
> directory, e.g., a subdirectory of /tmp.  Then, the EclipseEngineOptions
> object could be supplied with a valid path.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

I don't know about bundles in Java, but are you saying that you cannot
obtain the absolute path to your bundle once it is deployed?

If you can obtain the absolute path to your bundle, or at least the Java
program you are running to initialise ECLiPSe, could you not use this to
construct the absolute path to the ECLiPSe that you deployed with the
bundle? (I am assuming you would include ECLiPSe within a known relative
path position within the bundle -- or is this not how bundle works?)

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.